zaterdag 26 september 2009

Console time

Lately i have been playing quite a bit on my consoles and kind of ignored my PC.

Shadow Complex on the Xbox360, actually a lot of fun, as far as i know it's only available on the Xbox marketplace, but it's definatly worth it. It reminds me a lot of the old sidescrolling games and it really surprised me. I really recommend this game.

inFamous on the PS3, finally got around to playing it, had it laying around since it came out, but never got to it. Definatly my favorite type of game (open world/sandbox like game) and sure is a lot of fun, goes right in with some of my other favorites like Saints Row (1&2), Crackdown. So if you like these type of games, go for it.

I also got the urge to play Crackdown again, after reading about Crackdown 2. Still haven't finished it, but after all this time it is still fun.

Zombie Apocalypse for Xbox360, I only tried the demo, was kind of fun, only a bit annoyed by the fact that once a zombie manages to grab you, there's nothing you can do to (try) break free (as far as i know from playing the demo, unless i missed something). Other than that it does what it says shoot as many zombies as you can, so a fun little time waster :)

I did manage to get a little PC time with Prototype, it came out around the same time as inFamous, but my preference went to inFamous, so until now i never got around to try it, i got it on D2D. Somehow i think Prototype doesn't like my PC very much as it doesn't run very well, eventhough i have a pretty high end rig... It definatly doesn't run under my 3840x1024 screen resolution and can't be changed in any way, normally you can mess around a bit with the settings in some files but this game has those files coded...
Kind of dissapointing but it doesn't look like a bad game, maybe it will run better on a console, but on PC.....

So on to my major dissapointment... WET (on PS3), when i saw Bethesda was publishing this game i figured it had to be a good game, or atleast fun, but i really can't understand Bethesda for actually endorsing this game and publishing it, for me this game put a dent in Bethesda's reputation, so far i could pick up a Bethesda game and be pretty sure i would enjoy it (for me Bethesda was like Bioware), but this "game" definatly changed that..
From now on i will definatly wait for reviews to see what the game is like and/or try the demo before buying a Bethesda game. Right now i am "done" with this game and don't know if i'll ever pick it up again, i can't really recommend this game, really a waste of money, maybe if you find it for a few bucks/euros, but definatly not for full price.
I have to give it to them though, they managed to be the first game to have me through my controller across the room, no game has managed that so far (achievement earned).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten