zaterdag 25 juni 2011

SWG becomes one with the Force.

SwgClient_r 2010-08-24 12-46-58-91

I guess it was only a matter of time with a new Star Wars MMO coming out (which i will definatly be playing), that Star Wars Galaxies would close down and that time has come...

I still have many, many memories as this was basicly my first mmo, i joined in 2004 and for a few years played nothing but SWG.

Some of the most awesome features in SWG are the housing and resource gathering, i can't remember how much time i spent decorating and re-decorating my house.

SwgClient_r 2010-08-24 13-15-55-76

Most people will probably blame the NGE (or the CU) for it's downfall, however i really think it wasn't that bad, although i will admit that the changes to the classes with NGE were a major dissapointment for me, the old class trees were simply amazing and it was a lot of fun trying things out and basicly be whatever you wanted to be.

I remember the long road to becoming force sensitive and finaly have "The old man" show up and the even longer road (read grind) to becomning a Jedi, the visits to the Aurelian village out on Dathomir to exchange your XP. Unfortianatly i never made it to Jedi as i was still grinding away when NGE came.
But i will never forget that feeling and moment when the old man came for me.
With the NGE being a Jedi was no longer special and there were Jedi everywhere.

Having the old man show up is definatly one of my most memorable moments in MMO history, it really made me feel special and definatly made my heart jump out of my chest when he did :)

I haven't touched SWG in quite some time but it is still one of the reasons for me to keep my Station Access account running, for some reason i still can't say goodbye to SWG.

So eventhough i think it was only a matter of time before SWG would close down the announcement stil comes as a shock to me and i am definatly sad to see SWG go.

The more i think about SWG the more good memories start to come up.

No matter what you might think of the game in it's current state, if you ever played SWG "in the old days", i am sure you will agree with me that it was one of the best games ever.

If you have never played SWG before, well there is still time as it will close on Dec. 15th and i still think you can get a taste of it's glory as not everything is bad (or gone), despite of what many people claim.

So a big THANK YOU to all the people working on SWG (past & present), May the Force be with you!.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten