zondag 26 februari 2012

Working the Gaming Rig

Since i have been streaming a lot lately i noticed that it's not always that good for my framerate, trying to do some roof jumping in Star Wars The Old Republic for example can become quite frustrating if you're running at 10fps.
So obviously i went out to see if i could improve my system somewhat.

Initially i thought about only buying a new videocard and ordered one.
However, streaming doesn't only require a good videocard but also a good processor and since my motherboard is pretty "old", i couldn't really upgrade it to much processor wise.

So i ended up buying a new motherboard, processor, videocard and memory :)
This is the cool new stuff that will be added to my gaming rig (hopefully) soon:

Videocard: Point of View GeForce GTX 590 3GB
Motherboard: ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 kit
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k

It has been quite some time since i really upgraded my gaming rig (last major upgrade was in 2009), so i reckon it's about time :)
My current system is by no means bad, most of the current games still run pretty well to OK on it, but going all out on buying new stuff (not to mention installing it) is pretty cool :)
And i can't wait to see how my gaming is going to improve on a system like this.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten